2.08.2006

Britney's Baby Ride

I just read a story about Britney Spears and paparazzi who snapped pics of her driving in the car with her son on her lap. My first reaction was, "geez, give the girl a break." It wasn't exactly a smart decision. I mean, she could have at least hopped in the back and let her bodyguard drive. Still, who knows what was really going on. Maybe she just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I've never been stalked by photo hogs so I can't say what I would have done, but there have been times when I've driven in the car with my daughter in the back seat on my lap. I feel like I've just admitted some horrible secret, but there was a time when car seats didn't exist. The few times I did it were because my daughter was having a tantrum and I just wanted to get in the car and go home. My husband was there to take over the wheel so I just climbed in the back and made her sit on my lap. Probably not the smartest decision but parenting is about split-second decisions. I just want to clarify one thing that separates Miss Brit and myself though. My daughter is 2 and a half, her son is only 4 months old. Still, are Britney and I the only ones who've ever done this? C'mon, tell me it isn't so.

No comments: