2.20.2006

Dance Fever

So Saturday night was a blast. An old friend and I went to a place called the Martini Bar. We had a good time even though the place was dead. I think we were the youngest chicas there too. Still, we danced and laughed and drank too much. Now, when I say too much, I mean 2 drinks. For me anyway. I'm the mommy so I can only handle 2 or 3 three drinks before I start acting silly. I'm sure all the mommies out there can relate. It's just not worth it to get wasted and then have to deal with your kids the next day. Unless they're old enough to fend for themselves, but that's not my house. My little girl wants her mommy ALL day long. If you've got a hubby that is willing to let you sleep all day, then you're lucky.

I miss going out with friends and having fun. I don't do it much because the girlfriends I have are either mommies and too busy or single and too crazy. I have always been jealous of girls who have a tight-knit group of gal pals. I never really had that. In high school sure, but everyone kind of disbanded after that. I stayed in touch with 2 girls but they both have kids and it's hard to get together. Not to mention, they don't like to have the same kind of fun I do. I LOVE TO DANCE and have fun and act silly but they're a little more reserved.

Any time I go out and have fun, I always get a little depressed afterwards because I know it'll be a long time before it happens again. I miss my pre-mommy days! Is that horrible to say? I always feel so guilty. What do you do to have fun?

No comments: