It's finally done! All the moving and driving and lifting is done. It was a HUGE amount of work and we still have a lot to do to get settled here, but things are moving along. The girls are doing well. I think they actually enjoy sharing a room, although I'd love it if they didn't wake up so early.
The hardest part has been dealing with all the crap at my in-laws house. I put together a handy little list so you can get an idea of what I've been dealing with all weekend.
10 Things I've Learned About My In-Laws
10. They have the worst cable provider ever. We don't get Noggin or Boomerang. That means no Dora, no Little Bill, no Baby Looney Tunes.
9. My MIL has tons and tons of sheets.
8. The floors were filthy. My MIL does not own a vacuum.
7. Who leaves leftovers in the refrigerator when they are leaving the country for 6 months?
6. It smells like old people here.
5. My MIL collects tupperware and plastic containers.
4. The dishwasher is disgusting. I'm not sure how old it is but there is so much soap buildup or calcium deposits or whatever that I won't wash my things in there.
3. This house is soooo not child friendly. I had to move the glass coffee table and put all the breakables on to a table in the dining room.
2. Giving the girls a bath in their tub is going to suck big time. It's way too small and they have sliding glass doors.
1. My MIL uses shampoo specifically for blondes but she is a brunette.
Oh and here's a bonus. Everywhere I look there are statues or pictures of the Virgin Mary. We even have a bottle of holy water in our room.
Needless to say it's been especially hard adjusting for me, but I think everyone else is holding up just fine.
Amidst all the moving stuff, my husband sang for the first time ever in a rock band. His brothers are in a punk band and decided to start a side project. They asked my husband to sing (which was kind of shocking to me because he doesn't even sing to the girls), and he's been practicing for a while now. They even made a CD. And on Friday they did their first live show. Here are my best shots for this fine Monday.