4.07.2008

Every Now and Then

There are days as a mom that I just want to give up. Days that seem like they are never going to end. Days when I feel like all I ever do is yell. Days when I am frustrated and exhausted before before lunch.

Then there are days that are damn near perfect. There are days when my girls make each other laugh. When they make me happier than I've ever been. Little J looks up to her big sister. She wants to be just like her, to do everything Big J does. Big J can be so loving and helpful when it comes to her baby sister.

There are so many days when all I do is complain, but every now and then I have days that make me understand why being a mother is the best and most important job I could ever have.

I've been trying to pack up the house so there are boxes everywhere. I forgot how much fun an empty box could be for two small children. Today, Big J crawled inside and started drawing pictures.



As is always the case, Little J soon followed and pretended to draw like her big sister.



Then they were both inside. How cute!



Little J would have hung out in there all day if I let her.



Big J even helped me put things away for storage. She's been so good about this whole moving thing. She knows we're going to be staying with Mema and Pepa for a while and she seems okay with it. Even when we packed up some of her toys and told her that we won't be able to bring the swingset with us, she was fine. I guess only time will tell!

5 comments:

Maya said...

That is so stinkin cute!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

They are just gorgeous. I am happy to learn how human you are. We all complain as mom's wives and especially working moms. So don't worry you are just a human being. Good luck with the move.

marlynn said...

I love this post. So sweet and honest, and the photos are adorable. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Stacy!

You are officially added to the Writer Mama blog.

:) C

Christina said...

Days like this are so wonderful!! I'm so glad you got to have a day of nothing but positives with your sweet girls. Adorable pictures!