2.28.2006

Lazy Tuesday

I really hate this cold weather. All I want to do is stay in bed and sleep. Not an option ~ at least not for the next 10 years or so. I'm a big sleeper, too. It's one of my favorite things to do. In my younger days I would sleep until at least 11:00. It's feels so good to just lounge around and do nothing sometimes.

These days I'm up around 7:00. I actually prefer to be up that early, I just wish it was easier to get out of bed. When J gets up she's ready and raring to go. She wants breakfast immediately and I'm still scraping the sleep out of my eyes. Too bad she's not one of those kids who wakes up and hangs out in her crib for a while. I'm not sure those kids really exist. It's just too good to be true. A girlfriend of mine once told me her son wakes up around 7 a.m. but she doesn't get him until 8. He doesn't cry, he doesn't whine, he just plays with the stuffed animals in his crib. Lucky bitch!!

I'm thinking about buying a bed for J soon. She'll be 3 in June and she's getting a little to big for a crib. She doesn't try to climb out, actually I don't think she's ever even considered it. Still, it's gotta come at some point, right? I just kind of figured that making the switch to a bed should come at the same time that she stops napping. As much as I cherish those 2 hours in the afternoon that she naps, the summer is going to be a hard time to keep it up. There's just so much going on. If I've learned anything about this parenting game though, it's that nothing is ever set in stone. Things change ~ every day, every minute, every second.

How was your experience switching from a crib to a bed? Any tips?

No comments: