10.19.2007

Practice Makes Perfect

A while back I wrote that I got a part time job. I absolutely love it! Photography is something I've always wanted to do, but I never took the steps to learn. In college, I got an internship at a magazine and have been writing ever since. It was only a short while ago that I rediscovered my love of photography. I've always enjoyed taking pictures and I collect photo books, but it never really went beyond that.

A few months back I was looking at pictures of me when I was little. I came across some pictures that I had taken when I was probably a tween. They were of my dolls. I posed them, set up a background and a scene and took a picture. I'm a dork, I know, but it made sense. That's what I should be doing.

It couldn't have come at a better time. I was feeling lost and depressed and I was craving something, anything to do that would bring a little joy back to my life. Not that I wasn't happy being a mom or a wife, but I didn't have anything that was all my own. I was too busy making sure everyone else was happy, that I forgot about myself.

When I started my job, I felt so insecure. Everyone else has photography experience and mine was limited to snapshots of my children. A little time has passed and I am feeling better about my abilites. I think I have an eye for taking pictures, I just have to master the technical side.

Another part of the process I had no clue about was enhacing and editing pictures. Trolling around the web I found a wonderful blog written by a photographer named Tracey Clark. You should definitely check it out. Anyway, I've been learning so much. I read about Picasa and immediately went and downloaded it. You can add all kinds of fun effects to your pictures. Go give it a try!

Here's what I came up with.




2 comments:

NH Yocal said...

The pics are beautiful. Good for you on your new endeavor; it will be worth it.

Recipes with Tom said...

Good share