12.06.2007

10 Reasons I Love Christmas

10. I love getting presents. Who doesn't, right?

9. Spending time with family. Christmas Eve we get together with my husband's family and all the kids open presents. It's a total mad house. There are 11 nieces and nephews throwing wrapping paper everywhere. Then, on Christmas day, my family comes here. Big J and Little J are the only kids on my side so it's much quieter. I love watching Big J open her presents. She doesn't even care what's inside. She just loves seeing present after present. When it's all over, she usually asks, "That's it?" She's so spoiled!

8. I love shopping. I actually enjoy trying to find the perfect gift for whoever I'm shopping for. I don't mind being out in the mall with all the chaos. I do, however, loathe waiting on line. It sucks!

7. Lights. The soft glow of Christmas lights makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.

6. Baking. As if I need another excuse to make cookies or cake.

5. Getting holiday cards. I love seeing updated pictures of all my friends and family. People are so creative today, too. I love to display all the cards we get too.

4. Decorations. Ornaments, pointsettas, santa, snowmen, garland; I love it all!

3. The music. Big J adores her Kidz Bop Christmas CD. In fact, we were listening to it during the summer. Now all we have to do is turn on the radio.

2. Giving gifts. I may complain about having to buy gifts for a million people, but I love the feeling I get when the

1. Enjoying the holiday through my daughters' eyes. The baby is too small to understand what's going on, but Big J's excitement is contagious. Like me, she enjoys everything about Christmas. Her imagination allows her to believe wholeheartedly in Santa Claus. She loves picking out gifts for her cousins. She had a ball helping me decorate the house. I can't wait for her to wake up Christmas morning and rip open her presents. Them, we'll sit down to a big family breakfast with eggs, bacon, french toast, cinnamon rolls, and apple juice. She'll play with her new toys for a little while before we get all dressed up to see Grandma and Grandpa and open more presents. I love it!!!!!!



What's your favorite part of the holidays?

2 comments:

Betsy Mae said...

oh ditto on everything!

Unknown said...

I definitely agree. Great article on personalized Christmas ornament Please keep on posting. Thanks a lot!